Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of School! Horay!!!

Well this morning we officially began another school year. It was a good morning in which we were able to drop off the kids on time! :-) They were in their seats before the bell rang. I was very pleased with Emma's 2nd grade teacher. Since the school doesn't have a meet the teacher night before school starts and this is only our second year here, we still don't know much of the faculty. When we arrived we went straight to Emma's class and found assignments for the parents. We had to sign in not only our child but also ourselves. Then we were to proceed to a spot where the teacher (Ms Rodriguez) was taking pictures of her new students and whoever was dropping them off. Then proceed to an area where we helped Emma complete a survey on her feelings that morning, and finally helped her find her seat. Emma was excited to see a few kids that were in her class last year. She is a very social butterfly and has missed having friends to chat with on a daily basis. I'm afraid her brothers don't always share her interests. She is the most excited about this school year beginning.

Next we went to Jacob's 4th grade classroom. Where I was even a bit overwhelmed. The teacher greeted us and introduced herself and we did likewise. Other than helping Jacob to his seat there really wasn't much else to do there. The overwhelming part came when I looked at the tables stacked with books! AAHHH! Each child had in front of them a neat pile of about 7-8 books! Well, maybe not that many, but it sure seemed like it to me! Last night Jacob was having a hard time falling asleep cause he kept thinking how hard 4th grade was going to be. One look at his face told me that he felt his fears coming true. I leaned over and told him to remember that they weren't going to do everything at once. He seemed to relax a bit and started taking in his surroundings. He also recognized a few kids he knew from last year and with barely a look of goodbye to his mom... he settled in to work.

Since they are getting older, and are now prone to having parents embarrass them, I agreed that pictures and hugs would be at home. So here are a couple pics of them as we headed off to school this morning.








5 comments:

Sami said...

They are so cute and so big! It's crazy how fast kids grow! I hope the kids are enjoying their school.

caroline said...

Good lookin kids! They look so excited!

Kristi said...

Hey Susy, I hopped over to your blog from Nichole's. Hope you don't mind! Your kids are so big now, oh my gosh! Crazy! Glad to see you are all doing well, they're such cutie kiddos!

Susy said...

Hi Kristi,

of course I don't mind. I kinda spy on you every once in a while through Caroline's blog. :-) Feel free to add me to your list!

Anonymous said...

I hope the kids have adjusted to the school routine. They look so grown up! Cute!