Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update!

Well I am such a stinker! I have been forgetting to take my camera with me, so I don't have many new pics to add. But a couple of things have happened worthy of taking note! Let's see first off, Emma was picked as student of the week for her class, and she made this beautiful poster to display in front of her class. She was so excited. The best part for her was that she was first in line ALL week. Next most important was that she got to run errands for the teacher, like to drop off attendance and things like that. She loved it!

The other thing that happened was that on Monday, it was my bday! Yay! I love bday's!The kids made sure that I had a great day. They made me a very delicious cake! Gabe was not feeling well, and since we didn't want him spreading germs all over the kitchen and on the food, I helped Jacob and Emma make the cake. I got to say, they have learned well. With the exception of putting the cake in and out of the oven, they pretty much did the whole thing with no help. When it came to the decorating they also did an awesome job. For this I did get a couple of pics so here they are








They also did a great job with presents. I got a big pack of Kit Kats! yummy! a three rose flower bouquet (one from each of the kids!), and a double feature DVD, both of which I love Steel Magnolias, and Sleepless in Seattle. I gotta say, it was a great birthday!

5 comments:

Sami said...

Happy Birthday Susy!!! Looks like everyone had fun celebrating! Hey, I don't see any gray hairs on you yet! Lucky Duck!

Susy said...

Ha....it's bad lightning plus all the curls, they hide very well! LOL

Anonymous said...

You guys are cute as ever! I love getting updates about you from Dorothy but now I know where to snoop on you! Nice to hear from you. Tell your kids hi from Michael and I!

caroline said...

happy happy belated b-day! Wish I could've celebrated with you! I'm glad you had a great day!
Love ya!

Corie said...

Happy belated birthday! I remember celebrating our birthdays together with Dorothy in Dallas. So fun! I'm impressed with the little chefs you have at your house! Great job!