This one's going around. I thought it'd be ... interesting to read some memories.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, we're out of touch! I had no idea you'd moved to El Paso. When was that? Every so often we wonder what you're up to and I still sometimes drive down Guthrie and look down your old street (thinking I didn't see your green Odyssey because you'd bought a new car). We sometimes go to the park behind Toler Elem. especially now that they have a new playground.
My best memory of you is a piece of advice which you gave me when I was pregnant w/ Zen and which I now pass along to mothers expecting their second child. It went something like this: It's OK for the baby to cry a few minutes so that you can give the toddler some attention. The toddler will remember the attention, and the baby won't remember the cry.
Thanks for your wisdom!
Jen Otteson
Susie,
Thanks for your friendship. I loved sewing and cooking ogether! I liked playing with your children in the park and your constant vigilance in educating your children.
Your children have grown and are so beautiful. You are a blessing to all around you. Thank you for teaching me that unity of women getting together to do fun and wholesome activities is so important to our nature.
Thanks for letting me see your family on the blog. WE MISS YOU IN SIKESTON!
Angie Kempe
Remember when you tried to teach me how to make refried beans, but we used my old food storage pinto beans and they just would not turn out. Now, thanks to you, I am a pretty good bean-cooker. :D we miss you guys! And love your blog! Your kids are so big! When's #4 coming? (J/K):D
I just barely realized that you had posted a memory on my blog- good times!!
So many memories of you which do I pick...I just remember all the good times hanging out with you and Rachel and Sarah (before she ditched us:), making tag blankets, pictures of Christ frame, teaching us how to make empanadas and delicious tamales-mmmmm... oh and there's my favorite our little get togethers planning our tyson chicken runs and sorting fruits and veggies from the produce co-op. Then there's the time you came to my house a few days before Bella was born and cleaned my house and gave me a manicure - Then right after that- I had a migraine at the McD's play group and you took me back home and took my kids so that I could recuperate. What I remember most is just what an amazing friend you have been to me. I've learned so much from you!! Can you tell I love ya?!! I miss you!!!
Post a Comment