Sunday, December 21, 2008

What's new with us......

Well, so many things have happened that I don't know where to start, so I will start with the biggest change. Last week I went to Puebla Mexico to pick up my little sister and bring her back to live with us. :-) I went by myself and that saddened me a bit cause I would have loved to have my little ones and Gabe by my side. It has been five years since we went to Puebla as a family and the family there doesn't know Isaac. I would have really enjoyed spending the time there with them and seeing the family together. But since this wasn't possible, I made the best of it with out them. Hehehe. Here are some pics I took there.

This is my mom's parents. Abuelito Juan & Abuelita Mariela. My Abuelito holds a very special part in my life, I had the wonderful experience of being given my patriarchal blessing by him, and years later Gabe and I had the special privilege of being sealed in the Mesa, AZ Temple by him.




This is my dad's parents. Abuelito Esteban & Abuelita Jovita. I have so many fond memories of them. They were able to come to AZ about two years ago and were able to take pictures with the great grandkids that live in the states.






Other than the opportunity to see the family, the other thing that I loved about going to Puebla was the food! I was only there from Thurs afternoon till Sunday morning so I had to fit the most in. LOL I was lucky enough that everyone I went to see wanted to feed me! So I had great food the whole time I was there, besides spending a fun time with the families I saw.

Here I am with my Tio Rodolfo's family. My cousins and I were really close growing up and I really miss them. But we were able to get together one evening and we tried to catch up on everything going on in our lives.



This is my Tio Rogelio. He has the best taco stand in the world! If ever you go to Puebla look him up!



This is Tio Santiago, (dad's eldest brother), Tia Rosa, Jovita and I. With Tio, he made sure we had the best tacos Arabes and cemitas. Yummy!



The first night I was there, my cousins Bety and Ixchel made sure we went out and had a good time walking downtown. There was a large nativity infront of a cathedral and we made it into a nice background for pics. Then we had some good hot chocolate and churros. hmmmmmm!!!!



left to right---- Jovita, Ixchel, and Bety. I was taking the pic! LOL



I came home on Sunday and after eating so much over the weekend, I don't think I ate much that day! LOL

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Congrats on having your sister with you now. It is awesome that your own grandfather gave you your patriarchal blessing and then sealed you. Mine aren't even members. I can't imagine!

I just a stranger who came upon your blog, but I wanted to say that I like the parts I read, especially your thanksgiving post. You have a great looking family.