Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

As we approach the day that this country has set aside as a day of giving thanks, I would like to express thanks for some of the many blessings that I have in my life. I found a talk given by Pres Thomas S Monson in Feb of 2000, that really helped me to be able to express my thanks to my Heavenly Father.

First I Thank my Heavenly Father for my parents. My mother is a wonderful woman of faith. She has taught me so much. Everything from childrearing, keeping a home, being a wife, and to living the gospel. Everything that she has taught me she has taught me by example. I know that Heavenly Father truly blessed me when he gave her to me as my mother.

I thank my Heavenly Father for sending me to a home where my father presided with the authority of the Priesthood. I'm thankful that he served a mission in his youth and that now he once again is serving the Lord serving a mission alongside his eternal companion. I am thankful for the example he sets not only to to me but to all who surround him. From him I learned many things, the value of hard work, how to do a job right the first time, and how important it is to earn and keep people's trust.

I'm thankful for my best friend and eternal companion. I'm thankful to have found him, and to be sealed to him in the Temple for time and all eternity. I am thankful for the husband and father that he is. I'm thankful for his example and service to the Lord. I'm thankful that he fulfills his callings to the best of his ability, and I'm thankful that he works hard to provide for us, not only physically, but spiritually. I'm thankful that he presides in our home with the authority of the Priesthood.

I am thankful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with three wonderful children. I really don't know what I would be doing with my life if I didn't have them. Jacob is a very loving son, who reminds me in all to be more spiritually minded. He is a wonderful big brother to his younger siblings. I'm thankful that Emma is in our lives, I love to see her growing into a beautiful young girl. I love her smile and her quick wit. I love to see her developing caring attributes and a motherly instinct. Isaac brings a smile to my face everyday countless times a day. I'm thankful for him in our lives. He keeps all of us on our toes and is a joy to have around.

Most importantly I am thankful for my Saviour Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I have the knowelegde of the gospel. I am thankful that my life is not filled with questions that plague many people in this world today. I'm thankful for His life and ministry. For His example when He was here on earth. Ultimately I am thankful that He willingly suffered, bled, and died on the cross so that my sins could be forgiven me. I'm thankful that He is alive today and that he will once again come to this earth to reign once more.

I am blessed in countless ways and I would never be able to include everything I'm thankful for in this entry. I'm thankful for the example of all the family and friends that we have. Thank you for being an influence for good in our lives. We have been blessed by many people in AZ, TX, and MO since we started our family and I want everyone to know that I love you all and I wish you the best Thanksgiving!

For a complete read on Pres Monson's talk copy and paste the link below.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=cac194bf3938b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

1 comment:

caroline said...

I am thankful to know YOU!!
I'm a better person, because I know you, so thank YOU!